

See all the people! Where are Meghan and Amy!?! I am in a red shirt and white head band, Amy is in a blue jacket and white hat!
I completed my 1/2 marathon this Sunday and it was a blast! I made myself a fungi pasta (recipe compliments of Aaron) the night before to carb up. The little orange mushroom right on top is actually a chanterelle! I was so excited when the Farmer at the Brentwood Farmers market told me he had some. A few posts back you may remember me wishing I could hunt some down. They were delicious as far as mushrooms go.
Sunday morning my wonderful sister Amy woke up at 5 am with me to drive out to San Jose. I was all flustered with nerves and forgetfulness but I squished myself into my coral amongst 12,000 other runners and began the race! It was great up until mile 12 when my muscles, having never been pushed that far, started to object. I toughed it out through that mile and finished with the time 1:49:06. Just about where I wanted to be. Overall great experience and I look forward to more.

6 comments:
You're AMAZING! Way to go. Yummy looking pasta...makes me hungry :)
Awesome Megs. I probably would have hurled at mile 2 or so at the pace =).
And I disagree, the pasta looks nasty. I'm glad you enjoyed it. You know you miss me.
Pish Posh! The pasta was awesome, Sarah knows, she makes it! Ha ha, and of course I miss you!
I am very impressed. way to go.I don't think that I could ever do that.
Belated Congratulations...I thought I was pretty tough doing a 5k the other day.
Post a Comment