Sunday, August 17, 2008





On Saturday we went up to the Gorge. The waterfalls were beautiful and the water cold, but refreshing from the 100 degree day. At the last waterfall I was kicking to swim up to the waterfall and I lost my shoe! Walking back to the car with one foot was a little painful! I also was climbing up the rocks by the waterfall and my foot slipped and my knee banged straight into the rock! I was left with a very swollen knee and a bit of a limp, its pretty funny. Once we got home we had a barbeque with Bethany and her fam. It was yummy. I fell asleep watching the olympics then woke up and flew back to Utah. I already miss Oregon. Thanks Sarah and Aaron for letting me stay with you and thanks Bethany and Matt for hanging out with us so much, love you all!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Who knew something so beautiful could be so dangerous? The waterfall is pretty too.

Anonymous said...

I've labored to cross those logs and walked up there WITH shoes on. Mags! However did you make it back with only one shoe and a swollen knee? Oh wait! I forgot. You're the kid who climbed to the top of North Peak when you were still three and wouldn't let anyone help you because you wanted to do it all by yourself - and you did. I'm still amazed by that feat of amazing daring for one so young.

love, mom and dad