Friday, September 17, 2010

Red's Meadow, Thousand Island Lake






Matthew, Bethany, their boys and I all had the opportunity for a quick camping trip up north near Yosemite. It was so much fun and absolutely beautiful. We walked to Sotcher Lake, hiked to Rainbow Falls, ate delicious food (compliments to the chefs!), and enjoyed ourselves a lot! Matthew, Evan and I braved the Thousand Island Lake hike and man were we tired. Its scenery was definitely worth it, although it motivated Matthew and I to learn how to balance our packs better before our next big hike. Looking at the stars up there was mesmerizing, as was starring into the fire while conversing about life. The hot spring showers felt amazing after long days full of hiking and dust. It was so good to get up there again, eat smores, run around in the dirt with the kids, and appreciate nature. Thanks so much for letting me tag along guys!

Pictures Compliments of Matthew's Flikr, I don't' think I ever snagged the rest!

2 comments:

Mike said...

That place is as pretty as I remember. Thanks for posting them.

Meghan said...

It was so beautiful, almost surreal with how perfect some vantage points looked. When we're all more settled we should do it again!