Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August Showers


I had the chance to lay out and watch the meteor shower with the parents and Joshua. It was supposed to be extra special this year due to the positioning of Saturn. We saw quite a few amazing ones and lots of littler ones. Poor Dad went inside just as 8 huge ones darted across the sky in fairly quick succession. There were plenty of yelps, oohs, and awes. Mom threw in a few startling screeches, it was pretty funny. It was comforting laying out in the warm night air gazing up at the beautiful starry night sky. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had seen that but it was overcast here! I have stopped running so I am going to get back into the swing of things starting with a three mile walk today. Hopefully all goes well.

Anonymous said...

How is Athena doing anyway? Does she come when you call now (I don't know what you call her but her name while I was home was Athena, Krista's idea actually) Give her some tunafish for me will you?